woensdag 25 november 2009

Testing Tapas LiveMeeting next summer?

This column was published in Capgemini's COP IT Testing Newsletter

Since the clock went to wintertime, I seem to have done the same. My days are shorter and my nights longer. Ok, I guess this needs some explanation. My days seem shorter because they are filled with lots of work, before I know it, it’s time to go home and lately I feel like I have done tons of work, but nothing seems to be done from my to-do list which I set out to complete that day. My nights seem longer though, not only do I try to sleep an hour more (lately I have had shorter and shorter nights, not resulting in a very energetic me) but I also seem to be getting more done. I find the evenings very pleasant to work on articles, innovations and concepts, reading and following up on mail. Twitter seems more alive (due to the fact the overseas testing colleagues are mostly posting then) and if I have to use the test environment, I don’t have troubles with the performance because I’m the only one (or at least one of little instead of many) working on it. Two weeks ago I did the course on webcast (LiveMeeting and communicator usage) and I got really enthusiastic about the possibilities, I really hope everybody gets this course soon and gets as enthusiastic as I am. I’m thinking about organizing one-hour SIG like meetings which everybody can join from home, making it also possible for the people who normally can’t attend a meeting at Papendorp to join in. And since it’s wintertime nobody will be out in the garden or on terraces drinking nice rosé and enjoying tapas, but now I come to think of it; a Testing Tapas session on LiveMeeting in the garden is not a bad idea at all… any up-front joiners?

Geen opmerkingen: